5/3/09

My demented mother!

To get this story, if you haven't heard it already, you MAY NOT look at pictures at bottom until you have finished reading. Here goes:

Mom & I are leaving Town Club after yoga class. I say "oohh mom, check out that corvette next to my van, it's brand new". So we go over to just check it out, I thought. Then my mom starts putting her hands ON THE WINDOWS to peek in. So I figure the alarm is about to go off. Then she says, "I wonder if it's unlocked". She goes for the door handle as I start panicking telling her to stop it! The alarm is gonna go off! But no, she opens the door. By this point I figure someone's keychain is going off inside and some bodybuilder is gonna come running at us! Then she says"come smell the new car smell" as she proceeds to sit IN A STRANGERS NEW CORVETTE. At this point I am pacing in the parking lot telling my mom to get out of that persons car NOW! But she doesn't stop there. Apparently, the new cars have a push button start so she decides to see if it will start. It does. I am just about on the pavement unconscious. My chicken, shyest person I know, mother is going to get us arrested! I say very sternly: Get out of that car--I am leaving! She says"okay, okay" turns it off, shuts the door. In the back of my pea-sized brain I am still expecting a swarm of cops at any moment. As I start to stomp off to my car she pulls something out of her purse and shakes something at me:
Smiling like the evil woman she is, says, "IT'S MINE!" while shaking her keys at me. Yes, my mom totally punked me :) Then i got to drive it--So I forgave her. I only got it to 95mph because I was in town. Peeled out around one corner, she wasn't too happy about that! Can't wait to drive it outside of town on a highway! It is a gorgeous, beautiful car and her and my Dad totally derserve it!


Alek & Aidan were thrilled! Jeremy's Dad bought a white one about 3 years ago, so they just have the coolest Grandparents ever, huh?

0 comments: